Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Website Startup Day 2

As I'm writing this, my main website (akmattb.com) is down... i kind of chuckled to myself as i was just wondering what my long term up time was. The good news is that my provider already tweeted out that there was an issue. Which is very unlike my old one. ;) Aren't I happy i can provide my clients with such a responsive host?

Well as my deep down inside voice told me, i didn't get any calls today from my craigslist ad. I checked today and im still on the front page of it, so i think that's ok.

I did some deep investigation and found mainly two other outfits in my area are also utilizing Craiglist. One of which was from my initial competition checks, the other i never heard of before. His website was basic so i assume his price point and client base is also small. I would rate my price point at medium and small client base.

Today i didnt do much... Except start this blog. One thing i felt i needed to do is hold myself accountable. i think i can do that though this blog. it will be a reflection on what i accomplished every day. There is a subreddit that i've had open for weeks, referencing many times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntrepreneurRideAlong/

The style of this one was based on the day to day startup of this guys lawn business, and for some reason cleaning business. Its taken over the whole subreddit. Anyway. its a good read and provides lots of great information.

One of the other things i spent a lot of my energy on today was formulating the idea of how to 'cold call' businesses. Obviously i don't need to contact someone that has a slick website. i need to get the people that have the @outlook.com email addresses. those are the ones i want. not only can i get them to invest in an actual email account that represents their business, not a Microsoft product.

Ill be creating a custom portal for each referral i create which outlines what i can do for their company. Ill need to come up with some verbiage that outlines each of the features. It will be a work in progress for sure.

No comments: